Thursday, November 15, 2007

My new Birder's World column

I'm pleased to join my friends Kenn Kaufmann, Pete Dunne and others as a contributor to Birder's World magazine, and editor Chuck Hagner promises that I will "reveal the real secrets" of bird identification. I don't know if everyone's really ready for that, but each of my columns will be a short illustrated discussion of bird identification challenges from a more general perspective. The first one is about using flocking habits as a field mark, the second one - due out in February - will be about wingbars. Currently this is available only in the paper magazine, not on the web, so I can't offer a link to it yet. But I'll be interested in any discussion, comments, or suggestions. You can leave those here, or on the Birder's World forum, or just send me an email.

No comments: